Monday, October 29, 2007

Yay for podcasts!

Here's my favorite new technology - podcasts! I was completely uninterested in these for the longest time until I got an ipod this past summer and started downloading songs from itunes. After suffering sticker shock (who'd have thought that that short list of songs in my shopping cart could add up to $40?!?) I discovered podcasts.

Who could say no to free audiobooks??

I know, they're not as good as audiobooks. And I still get my fill of those from the library. But in the meantime, when my holds are all still waaaay down in the queue, I can listed to podcasts. Here's my current list of favorites:

  • Amazon Music You Should Hear - 2 free [complete] songs that aren't being played by top 40 radio stations
  • Amazon Wire - brief but interesting interviews with the people who make movies, music, and books
  • Bon Appetit audio podcast - 15 minutes or so of new food trends, restaurants, or cooking tips & entertaining ideas
  • KEXP Song of the Day - similar to the amazon one, sometimes local artists too
  • NPR: Fresh Air - the radio show minus commercials, current events, notable people, and arts in great interviews
  • SModcast - Kevin Smith & his producer buddy Scott Mosier rambling about nothin' much and definitely nothing worthwhile... ;)

I'm sure most, if not all, of these are available to non-itunes users with a google search. Usually you can listen to them free directly from the websites. Have fun!

And so ends my 6-hour day trying to catch up on the past 3 weeks of 2.0-ing. Whew!

1 comment:

krl2pt0 said...

isabel2pt0 -- i love it!

bc