Sunday, December 23, 2007

Flickr - Finally!

So...after nearly 2 months away the prodigal blogger returns. I'm going to try to catch up a bit on the 2pt0 assigments amidst all of the family gatherings and events this time of year.

Anyhoo - back on track. Flickr is pretty darn cool. I've had an account since for about a year, which I set up originally after I went to a wedding and wanted to share my photos with the other bridesmaids. And I haven't done anything with it since then. ha ha ha - typical me. One thing I discovered is that it works really well - it's easy to create slideshows and upload a large number of photos, sorting them with tags (which I didn't know how to do then). But, just like blogging, it's WAY too easy to spend hours coming up with captions and titles to customize your page. Just for the sake of examples ('cause I'm sure none of you are actually interested) my Flickr account is located here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96387926@N00/


I had some fun with this assignment though and started to surf around on my friends' flickr sites and exploring some of the tags they had created. I clicked onto a "Poulsbo" tag and found some neat local photos ... and searched around on the map application they have that links photos with the places they were taken. All in all, love flickr but just don't think I can take on one more-time sucking device. I'll leave that to my artist brother-in-law who gets to work from home [jealous, are we?]. He posted this childhood photo, which includes my handsome husband at the top right. ;)


I'm not so sure how to use this for KRL - but it was fun to play with on my own time. I guess the ability to share photos easily and to set them as private or public might be good for teen events and the like, but I'm not too involved in those sorts of things in my position.

No comments: