Tuesday, December 25, 2007

iTube

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!

I've been using youtube for awhile now - so this is not really new for me. I had fun exploring, but once again am not really sure how this will help me to do my job at KRL - especially since these videos cannot be watched in our branches due to our slow conneciton speed and lack of ability to play videos with sound.

One thing I am always disappointed with is youtube's search engine quality. It never seems to be able to find me the videos I am looking for, and if you narrow down your search too much it won't find anything at all. I was hoping that when google bought the company, they would help with that feature but so far I haven't seen any improvement.

Also, you end up spending a lot of time watching bad videos. I'm finding myself searching more on some of the other video sites - especially "Funny or Die". It's got some great shorts submitted by hollywood types, including the all-time classic "The Landlord" (beware, though, it's not g-rated if you're sensitive to that). That video can be found here: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/74 .

I did enjoy the two KRL-produced videos. Y'all are so talented! To complete my assignment, here's a link to a funny library-themed video that was originally sent to me by Angie, formerly one of our fabulous Poulsbo staff and now away attending library school in pursuit of her MLS degree: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RbG1jHewWw . One thing I've notice while watching all of these library videos posted online - we sure are a homogenous bunch, aren't we?

And, since it's part of the optional extras, I have to pay homage to my "otak saya sakit" [brain hurting] niece in the photo on my page and offer up one of her youtube starring roles here as well. So, here she is in all her glory:

1 comment:

kicking and screaming said...

Hey bc, I loved the videos of your niece and the "library blonde". Also,it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who took a big break from krl2pt0....I just finished up YouTube yesterday and I've been perusing the "wiki weeks".
msg
(congrats, by the way, for being this weeks drawing winner!)