Monday, January 28, 2008

Tweet Tweet

Twitter to me just seems like a mini-blog. And I guess it has built-in RSS feed capability. I can't believe I'm even comfortable using all of this terminology now!! I guess 2.0 is really working its magic on the recesses of my brain, huh?

Twitter would probably be better than blogs for me personally because I tend to ramble on (and on and on....) and the limit forces me to keep it succinct. But I'm not so sure I can see the value in the library uses of posting updates and event information. I feel like if you really want to reach people, we would have more results by posting those onto our homepage. Maybe twittering will really take off and then we'll have more people asking for us to send them information on the blackberries and such. But for now, it seems like such a minority of people. Could it really be worth the extra effort?

Fun fact: my husband, who has reconfigured all of our hard drives and always is the one to inform me of the next big techie thing, had never heard of Twitter before. That was a big change in our household! hahaha

No comments: